apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject Re: feasability of a portable fuser-type thing in APR?
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 00:34:49 GMT
> Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> > Each kernel has its own mechanism for this, ranging from trawling kernel
> > memory directly to iterating through /proc/, but I can't off-hand think
> > of an operating system which doesn't provide this functionality. On
> > windows I think you need admin privs even to scan your own processess
> > though.

Colm,
	Something just occured to me. In windows, if you try to move or
delete a file that is in use, it stops you. Is there a completely bonine
action one can do to a file in windows that causes the same error?

	I'm thinking that without admin powers, this code may still be able
to detect if a file is in use at all.

	Thanks,
		Tyler