apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject Re: feasability of a portable fuser-type thing in APR?
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:17:35 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> Each kernel has its own mechanism for this, ranging from trawling kernel
> memory directly to iterating through /proc/, but I can't off-hand think
> of an operating system which doesn't provide this functionality. On
> windows I think you need admin privs even to scan your own processess
> though.

	That's promising... I should start digging in sometime in the next
few weeks, thanks!

	Do you think this should be an operation on a filehandle, or on a
stat, or it's own separate thing? I'm leaning towards stat right now since
that's where link counts go and a filehandle is a "link" of sorts to a
file...

		- Tyler