apr-dev mailing list archives

From "DEBIN GAO" <gaode...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_os_thread_current() on Windows - why not use GetCurrentThreadId()?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:25:16 GMT
First, thank you very much for the reply.

>On Unix, you manage a thread by it's ID.
>On Windows, you manage a thread by it's Handle.

Point taken, but I still fail to see why httpd chooses to log the thread
handle, instead of the thread id.

apr_os_thread_current() may be used in other places, where reporting the
thread handle makes perfect sense, but why logging the handle to the httpd
access log file?  And note that httpd also chooses to log the process id,
instead of the process handle.

Maybe I should have taken this to httpd discussion.