apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: error code range for apr-util
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:29:05 GMT
On 6/22/06, david reid <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd like to add a "reserved" range for error codes in apr-util. Given
> that we allow 50,000 for the gap between apr codes and those we advise
> apps to use (APR_OS_START_STATUS and APR_OS_START_USERERR) would using
> the "2nd half" of that gap (or less) make sense for apr-util? It would
> mean we avoid potential conflicts and keeps it out of the area we have
> said is reserved for apps - so makes sense to me.

The second half seems reasonable to me, although we should keep in
mind that there's a possibility that in the future there will be more
libraries than just APR and APR-Util, for example if we move dbd or
dbm out into their own libraries.  Not sure if we should really worry
about that or not.

-garrett