apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: apr_pools.c win32 compilation with #undef APR_POOL_DEBUG
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:10:21 GMT
On 6/12/06, Kashyap Ashwin <Ashwin.Kashyap@thomson.net> wrote:
> Around apr_pools.c:1392
>

>         for (index = 0; index < node->index; index++) {
> #if (APR_POOL_DEBUG)
>             memset(node->beginp[index], POOL_POISON_BYTE,
>                    node->endp[index] - node->beginp[index]);
> #endif // APR_POOL_DEBUG
>             free(node->beginp[index]);
>         }
>

> debug_node_t is only defined if APR_POOL_DEBUG is defined and I am not
> defining this. It causes trouble on win32 with MSVC.net.
>
> There are many places which simply do:
> debug_node_t *node;
>
> When debug_node is never defined, it compiles with gcc but...

It looks like apr_pools.c may have changed since the version you're
looking at.  What version of APR are you specifically referring to?
If there are changes required to make it compile for you, could you
please let us know what they are?  Numerous people build APR on visual
studio, so I'm kind of surprised that you're having trouble with it...

-garrett