apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 06:47:40 GMT
On 6/30/06, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> We do not distribute OpenSSL because it contains software that we
> cannot distribute for reasons unrelated to export control.

I think we will end up distributing OpenSSL with our binaries.  I know
that the Win32 binaries will certainly be including the appropriate
OpenSSL DLLs.  I think what OtherBill's plan was to remove the
patent-encumbered code from our OpenSSL builds we do - at least on
Win32.  I'd expect the same for other platforms as well - especially
since OpenSSL is usually bundled as a static library not a dynamic
library.  (Some platforms ship it as a DSO, but that's only relatively
recently.)

Therefore, as Cliff indicated to us, we'll likely have to notify for
OpenSSL.  -- justin