apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:09:06 GMT
On 6/30/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:30:04AM +0100, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Notification solution;
> >
> > Post the following notice on our project-specific crypto notice page;
> >
> >   http://apr.apache.org/crypto.html
>
> My impression of our outcome at the BoF was that it would probably be
> easier and preferred, if we maintained an ASF-wide list at;
>
>         http://www.apache.org/crypto.html
>
> or similar. Then once that's up, we send two BIS's, one for our
> subversion repos, and one for all current and future releases of the
> product, and that's it, we're done.

Yes.

We do not *need* to do a notice in the distribution - although that's
a reasonable thing if we chose to do so.

The only thing Garrett should do is send the following email to BIS:

---
SUBMISSION TYPE: TSU
SUBMITTED BY: Garrett
SUBMITTED FOR: Apache Software Foundation
POINT OF CONTACT: Garrett
PHONE and/or FAX: {Colm's phone number *duck*}
MANUFACTURER: The Apache Software Foundation
PRODUCT NAME/MODEL #: Apache Portable Run-time Utility Library (APR-util)
ECCN: 5D002
NOTIFICATION: http://www.apache.org/crypto.html

SUBMISSION TYPE: TSU
SUBMITTED BY: Garrett
SUBMITTED FOR: Apache Software Foundation
POINT OF CONTACT: Garrett
PHONE and/or FAX: {Colm's phone number *duck*}
MANUFACTURER: The OpenSSL Project
PRODUCT NAME/MODEL #: OpenSSL
ECCN: 5D002
NOTIFICATION: http://www.apache.org/crypto.html
---

That's it.

The crypto.html page would have the list of projects in alphabetical
order as well as OpenSSL.  For APR-util, it'd note and link to:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/ (source)
  http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/ (binaries)

For OpenSSL, it'd note and link to:

  http://www.openssl.org/source/ (source)

If we chose to go David's solution with an RDF format, that tool would
generate the crypto.html page for us with the following links.

> It doesn't really matter, but we shouldn't fragment so early if there's
> going to be an ASF-wide page/policy.

Correct.  -- justin