apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 branch?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:59:27 GMT
On 6/24/06, david reid <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
> > david reid wrote:
> >> Given the talk over last few days about changes to error handling and
> >> the io abstraction stuff, is it time to think about starting a 2.0
> >> development branch?
> >
> > If a branch is to be created, I'd suggest either a feature development
> > branch, or a 1.x maintenance branch.  It is rather unusual for a trunk
> > to exist, but not be the highest version.
>
> Hey, I don't care what it's called. I could care less if we decide to
> start using daft names for them, just it seems as though there should be
> somewhere that 2.0 dev can start.

What I'd suggest is that we create a branch that has whatever
API-busting change we want.  What's the specific example of something
that would force a 2.x?  Neither errors nor IO abstraction should
necessarily force 2.x.

If/when we decide to merge that branch in that busts the API, then we
bump trunk to 2.0.  -- justin