apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:30:41 GMT
david reid wrote:
> Actually, I think we should look at going a step further and have the
> email sent automatically as well. When a project creates/updates a file
> it can trigger a script to handle the email creation/submission - which
> would be a win/win for everyone and hopefully make the projects lives a
> bit easier as well. I really don't see the point of doing it other ways...

Overkill - they would go balistic from the flood.

The only time we might renotify would be new crypto ALGORITHM e.g. double
the bits somewhere.  It's only a change to the product, not a change to the
version number or your source code or whatever.

When we move from svn.apache.org to svn2.apache.org, that won't even need
a renotification because it's all by-reference.  Only moving from the
apr.apache.org/crypto.html absolute authority document would trigger one.

Bill