apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:48:52 GMT
david reid wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:20:10AM +0100, david reid wrote:
>>> I guess people didn't debate using a distributed solution for
>>> maintaining the list did they? That would seem to be an obvious way
>>> to go...
>>
>> We did, and I don't think there are any legal problems with it, so if we
>> choose to have our own page, that's fine. I think a single page for the
>> ASF just makes the instructions easier for PMCs (as in, just add your
>> project to this page, send a mail, you're done) and provides a page
>> with a
>> list of ASF crypto software, which might have an interest in.
>>
> I really don't think you've grasped what I meant :-)
>
> Why not setup a system along the same lines as projects data? Each
> project maintains a small rdf file with the information, then we can
> aggregate at a project or global level with very little effort. This
> would seem (like projects) to fit in exactly with our distributed nature.
>
> If there is a will to do this then I'll work with site-dev to make it
> happen. I guess this isn't the right forum to discuss this though is it?
> Where would be?

Cool!  <head spins>

That would make things much simpler if we generated crypto.html per-project
from an rdf, which was simultaneously were aggregated to www.apache.org/crypto.

Can we agree that it would collect per-project/asf-wide data into the individual
project.apache.org/crypto.html and www.apache.org/crypto.html, publish a couple
of SSL releases, and at the same time rearchitect with an identical final
solution?

Bill