apr-dev mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:40:39 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:20:10AM +0100, david reid wrote:
>> I guess people didn't debate using a distributed solution for
>> maintaining the list did they? That would seem to be an obvious way to go...
>
> We did, and I don't think there are any legal problems with it, so if we
> choose to have our own page, that's fine. I think a single page for the
> ASF just makes the instructions easier for PMCs (as in, just add your
> project to this page, send a mail, you're done) and provides a page with a
> list of ASF crypto software, which might have an interest in.

I really don't think you've grasped what I meant :-)

Why not setup a system along the same lines as projects data? Each
project maintains a small rdf file with the information, then we can
aggregate at a project or global level with very little effort. This
would seem (like projects) to fit in exactly with our distributed nature.

If there is a will to do this then I'll work with site-dev to make it
happen. I guess this isn't the right forum to discuss this though is it?
Where would be?