apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL/PATCH] add ssl sockets
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:29:35 GMT
Whoa :)  I mean, yes - we can use anything sane to implement our API.

What I'd been reading is that developers might want to further extend
the io stack not at the apr layer, but expose the openssl BIO layer to
developers.

And that's what I suggested is silly - let's make something that can
be implemented on multiple ssl providers, not just a single one.  If it's
this single one your design pattern calls for, then use it (without the
extra cruft of APR).

Bill