apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Crypto Issues BOF 9pm Thursday Leinster room
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:21:51 GMT
Please note the Crypto/Export BOF at 9pm Thursday evening in the Leinster
room, Dublin.  cliffs will be on hand to explain (and we can verify the
details of) the BIS notification process and the way the export rules
apply to open source communities.

I'm hoping we resolve all issues around correctly notifying BIS on the new
APR ssl socket work by David, and issues related to shipping binaries that
contain openssl, apr, and mod_ssl.

Once the final http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html policy emerges, there
should be no further obstacles to finally resolving this decade old issue
at the httpd project.

And also note that Cliff's spent quite a bit of time talking to the right
people about the nature of the ASF and its works, and has some fascinating
things to share with folks who show up.

Bill