apr-dev mailing list archives

From david reid <da...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject error code range for apr-util
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:09:09 GMT
I'd like to add a "reserved" range for error codes in apr-util. Given
that we allow 50,000 for the gap between apr codes and those we advise
apps to use (APR_OS_START_STATUS and APR_OS_START_USERERR) would using
the "2nd half" of that gap (or less) make sense for apr-util? It would
mean we avoid potential conflicts and keeps it out of the area we have
said is reserved for apps - so makes sense to me.

It would gain a define of APR_UTIL_START_STATUS or some such which would
be set at APR_OS_START_STATUS + (APR_OS_ERRSPACE_SIZE / 2) (for example)

Anyone remember why we don't have an apr_pstrerror()? Having to create
and pass a buffer to apr-strerror seems very un-apr-like.

Thoughts?

david