apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: decision on anonymous shared memory allocation method failed
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:20:30 GMT
>  > ./configure:Error: decision on anonymous shared memory allocation
I've actually seen this as well.

I'm relatively sure its the local configuration in the kernel, but I'm
not sure as the SYSV memory options are on in both.

I should note, that when apr is compiled as part of httpd, this problem
does _NOT_ happen on the box where it breaks.

There was no useful info in the config.log.  I can however reliable
recreate it and attach it if someone thinks would be useful.

works:
FreeBSD smgellar.p6m7g8.net 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0:
Wed Apr 12 02:13:01 EDT 2006

grep SYS /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/SMGELLAR
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores

does not work:
FreeBSD pgollucci.office.tmcs 6.0-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p5 #4:
Wed Mar 15 12:27:32 PST 2006

grep SYS /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/P6M7G8