apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Crypto Notification process
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:27:13 GMT
On Jun 29, 2006, at 11:30 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Notification solution;
> Post the following notice on our project-specific crypto notice page;
>   http://apr.apache.org/crypto.html
> And provide the BIS with a notice of the cryptographic export of the
> APR-util product "Apache Portability Runtime Utility Library".  That
> notice would link to the page contents below.

Please don't call it the "crypto" notice or the "crypto" page.

They are export notices and a page about export classifications.
There are many other things besides crypto on the control list.

The page will likely have a very long and painful set of sordid
disclaimer paragraphs (like the examples I provided last month)
followed by a table of product/ECCN/source that could be generated
by projects.a.o.

View raw message