apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler MacDonald <ty...@yi.org>
Subject feasability of a portable fuser-type thing in APR?
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 03:37:30 GMT
I really only have experience with Linux and FreeBSD in this area...

How hard is it to portably determine if any other processes have a file
open, and whether they are readers and writers? I know APR has to work in
gads of OS'es including UNIX, Windows, Zeta, OS/2, etc... does anybody know
how easy it is to determine if anybody else is using a file in these
operating systems? If it's actually *possible* in the majority, then I'd
like to start working on a fuser/lsof-type interface for APR.

	Thanks,
		Tyler