apr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Dubov <oa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Binary data in apr dbd - where should buckets come from
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:56:26 GMT
I think we discussed this already. I can't use strings
- it's dumb and I can't start encoding all the binary
data I have into wrappers and back. Moreover, I don't
see any problems with passing pointers to binary data.

Currently I employ a following approach: I get a
reference to pool from get_row and store it for
get_entry use. I also create my own bucket_alloc when
apr_dbd_row_t is allocated. Then I can pass buckets
back and forth as was discussed. I'm going to keep
this because it fits my application best. It's not
opitmal, because I'd rather prefer to have more
unified approach to bucket allocation and transit.

I can post my patch if you want.

I'm not going to use strings for this stuff. Period.