apr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Dubov <oa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Binary data in apr dbd - where should buckets come from
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 05:13:13 GMT
I was working on my long pending changes to
apr_dbd_mysql when I found that I have no clue how to
return buckets from apr_dbd_get_entry.
Some problems:
1. Which bucket_alloc should I use and who gets it
(apr_dbd_get_row or apr_dbd_get_entry)?

2. There's some gains in having pool passed to
apr_dbd_get_entry (to defer the check for truncation
until the value is really needed). In general, it may
be better to hold a pool passed to apr_dbd_pselect,
instead of passing a new one to get_row/get_entry.

3. Alternatively, I can use buckets for everything
(including strings and simple types). In this case,
apr_dbd_p(v)select should get bucket_alloc instead.
apr_dbd_get_entry then may choose to return pointer to
bucket or pointer to bucket's content.