apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r415639 - in /apr/apr-util/trunk: build.conf include/apr_ssl.h include/private/apr_ssl_openssl_private.h include/private/apr_ssl_private.h ssl/ ssl/apr_ssl.c ssl/apr_ssl_openssl.c ssl/apr_ssl_socket.c test/ test/Makefile.in test/testssl.c
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:05:31 GMT
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:41:52PM -0000, David Reid wrote:
> Author: dreid
> Date: Tue Jun 20 06:41:51 2006
> New Revision: 415639

> Log:
> First dump of some ssl sockets code. This follows the methodology of the
> patch, but attempts to break out everything that is specific to OpenSSL
> into a seperate file. The rationale shouldn't be hard to follow.
>
> This does makes things slightly moer complex and adds another layer of
> indirection, but there shouldn't be much of a hit because of it. Hopefully
> this will be generic enough that some windows person can add win32 support?

This looks quite a long way from being ready.  Good intentions
notwithstanding (but certainly appreciated) I'd rather see this develop
in a branch before hitting the trunk, I don't want to end up with
another "apr/random affair".

- header files need documentation not just function stubs
- global symbols must use ap[ru] prefix even if they are project-internal
- no symbols must start with an underscore
- C++-style comments bad

joe