apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r415591 - in /apr/apr-util/trunk: build/ssl.m4 configure.in
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:39:06 GMT
Hi David,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:50:44AM -0000, David Reid wrote:
> Author: dreid
> Date: Tue Jun 20 02:50:43 2006
> New Revision: 415591

> Log:
> This is the start of allowing SSL usage within apr-util. This is essentially
> the configure glue from my patch of a while ago. I'm adding it now so that
> any issues can be flagged up before the code starts to land. Presently
> this will detect and set appropriate defines but won't do much more :-)

> +    if test "$withval" = "yes"; then
> +      old_cppflags="$CPPFLAGS"
> +      old_ldflags="$LDFLAGS"
> +
> +      openssl_CPPFLAGS="-I$withval/include"

= "-Iyes/include"... looks like this was derived from an older copy of
dbd.m4? Bojan went through fixing similar stuff there recently.

> +  dnl Add the libraries we will need now that we have set apu_have_openssl correctly
> +  if test "$apu_have_openssl" = "1"; then
> +    AC_DEFINE([APU_HAVE_OPENSSL], 1, [Define that we have OpenSSL available])
> +    APR_ADDTO(APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS,[-lcrypto -lssl])
> +    APR_ADDTO(APRUTIL_LIBS,[-lcrypto -lssl])

Always use "-lssl -lcrypto" because libssl uses symbols defined in
libcrypto and not the other way round (breaks with static libs
otherwise).  Should use pkg-config where available to determine
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS as necessary.  (at least do this in the $withval = yes
case; it's a little more subtle for the $withval != yes case, see
httpd's acinclude.m4 for the PKG_CONFIG_PATH munging)

Regards,

joe