apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Transaction modes, explicit rollbacks etc.
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:18:17 GMT
Quoting Chris Darroch <chrisd@pearsoncmg.com>:

>    I can confirm the following, as tested with all four of the
> p[v]query|select() functions (since the Oracle driver treats them
> each separately):
>
> Database | Explicit ROLLBACK | Ignore TXN errors
> oracle   | Yes               | Yes

Thanks!

>    One question, though ... should apr_dbd_transaction_mode_set()
> perhaps return the old mode instead of the new one?  I suppose
> I'm thinking of something like apr_atomic_casptr().  Dunno which
> behaviour is more common; I can't find many other examples in APR.

I would stick to the current meaning, mostly because of this:

     if (!trans)
         return APR_DBD_TRANSACTION_COMMIT;

In essence, the function returns "the mode in force after the call"
(actually, I should change the documentation to say that explicitly).

But, if the list disagrees, I'm OK to change as well.

--
Bojan