apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Transaction modes, explicit rollbacks etc.
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 03:02:42 GMT
Quoting Rick Keiner <rick_keiner@yahoo.com>:

> What's the status of the API change? This would bump the rev to 1.3,
>  correct? Any idea what the time frame is on this?

OK, here is the summary:

Database | Explicit ROLLBACK | Ignore TXN errors
pgsql    | Yes               | Yes
mysql    | Yes (InnoDB)      | Yes
sqlite3  | Yes               | Yes
sqlite2  | Not tested        | Not tested
oracle   | Not tested        | Not tested

I had to make some changes to the PostgreSQL patch - there were subtle
bugs related to result sets. So, I'm attaching a new patch for
reference. A patch against the latest version of MySQL driver is also
attached.

I'm not forseeing problems with SQLite2 - the code is much the same as
for SQLite3, so it should work. I just don't have the environment
handy to test.

As for Oracle, this needs to be tested by folks that understand both
the driver and the backend properly. Skeleton code is attached, feel
free to have a go at it.

--
Bojan