apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: LONGs and LOBs [Was: improved error reporting for apr_dbd_mysql.c]
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 02:51:34 GMT
Quoting Alex Dubov <oakad@yahoo.com>:

> I'm actually ok with this. But why do you need 4 blob
> types? I say - give backend a bucket and it should
> figure by itself what to do with it (use smallest blob
> type available that fits). I would also propose a
> plain bucket type, to simplify things:
>
> %b - bucket
> %B - bucket brigade

The above was actually my first thought, but then I had a look at the
Oracle driver and noticed that column types are being explicitly set.
Like this:

sql->status = OCIAttrSet(statement->args[i].value.lobval,
                          OCI_DTYPE_LOB, &null, 0,
                          OCI_ATTR_LOBEMPTY, sql->err);

I don't know Oracle API at all (nor did I actually check any
documentation), but I left the possiblity for more than one of those
types, just in case.

But, if we can simplify that to %b (bucket) and %B (brigade) as per
above, I would be more than happy to go with it. I'm sure Oracle folks
will let us know if that's good or not.

> By the way, what are the plans for apu-2 (when it
> should be ready)?

Dunno. I think some long time APR/APU folks will have to answer this.

--
Bojan