apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject SQLite3 transaction deadlock [WAS] Re: Transaction modes, explicit rollbacks etc.
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:27:17 GMT
On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 14:31 -0700, Rick Keiner wrote:

> After some problems I was having with "cannot start a transaction
> within a transaction" problem with SQLite3, I came across this and I
> think a check should go in the transaction handling for busy
> conditions in the end transaction.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg15985.html

The way I'm reading this is that if we're inside a transaction and we
get busy, we should just return errors and don't waste time waiting.
Then (because we're in error on the transaction level), the code of
end_transaction will rollback for us. Right?

ATM, we're retrying on busy even if we're inside the transaction, which
then according to the above e-mail isn't going to work no matter what we
do.

--
Bojan