apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: current dbd initiatives
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:33:20 GMT
On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 17:51 -0400, Chris Darroch wrote:

>    Hmm ... I'm quite sure what to make of that.  Should it be documented,

That is for sure.

>    Moreover, if this is the desired behaviour, then migrating from
> expecting purely string arguments in apr_dbd_pvquery() and
> apr_dbd_pvselect() to a sprintf()-style mix of strings and other data
> types surely isn't going to be easy: how do you distinguish a
> "no more arguments" NULL from an integer zero?

Easily. You always pass in pointers to data, not data itself. For
instance:

int i=0;
apr_dbd_pvselect([other args],&i,NULL);

In the above, &i will never be NULL. Now, if we go with structures you
proposed, the representation will be different (i.e. &some_struct), but
the result will be the same - there will always be a valid pointer.

--
Bojan