There are two things I would like to ask for comment:

1. Tasks with lower priority could be starving, is this OK or we want to setup a threshold to make sure they got a chance to be processed?
2. Should we put a maximum queue size for the waiting tasks?

Those are typical issues, and I would like to know what's apr's policy against those.

Cheers,
Henry

On 5/3/06, Henry Jen < henryjen@ztune.net> wrote:
Henry Jen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached is the latest patch passed my sanity test. Previous version is
> not working. :-P
>
> I also add an adjustable threshold for tasks in queue to control when
> new thread should be created. Default to half of the idle
> threads(initial number of threads).

Updated version incorporate Joe's feedback. Noted the patch to
aprutil.dsp is handcrafted and need to be tested on a Windows box as I
don't current have access to one.

Thank you, Joe. :-)

Cheers,
Henry