apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH gone?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 17:27:58 GMT
On 5/18/06, Dave Seidel <dave@mindreef.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in the process of porting a module from 2.0.54 to 2.2.2, and I see that
> the APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH macro, which used to be defined in apr_buckets.c is
> no longer there.  What should I be using instead?  I'm also curious to know
> why it was removed.  Thanks in advance.

It was deprecated in r58680 and removed in r58952.

Quoting from the log message of the commit that deprecated it:

  Let's get rid of these damned things once and for all... for every line
  of code they save, they seem to introduce two to three bugs.  :)

If you look at the pre-removal apr_buckets.h you'll see some big
comments with warnings about how error prone it is to use.

-garrett