apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r410522 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/include/apu.hw
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 16:53:29 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> I think we can have a simple .vbs or .js script.
>> Using other languages is additional tool dependency thought.
>
> I know :(
>
> I'm almost resigned to saying something like, users who build APR have
> .NET 1.0 or bigger installed, so just write the danged things in C#.

I think we can learn something from the PHP community.
They have a neat configure.js that is used to mimic the
unixoid build system. Further more, the cscript comes with
almost any windows version (think it's part of IE5+).
I think we should seek in that direction instead depending on
many versatile scripting technologies.
OTOH, if the httpd will be bound with OpenSSL, then I think
that even the Perl can be used, because it is already required
by the OpenSSL build.

Regards,
Mladen.