apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r410522 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/include/apu.hw
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 14:20:05 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> -1 veto.  Please revert.

Reverted.

> Installed (finalized) c language headers cannot be volitile based on
> environmental factors.  It's the #1 source of my wasted time (not in ASF
> projects, specificially).

Correct if you need to have installed headers files with binary
distribution. In case you don't, its irrelevant.
OTOH it's the same like APR_DECLARE_STATIC/APU_DECLARE_STATIC
etc..

> Shall we set up an appropriate perl/python/awk script which accepts
> --with-iconv

That's why we have apu/apr.hw at the first place.
Having a perl, or a notepad is the same thing.
I think we can have a simple .vbs or .js script.
Using other languages is additional tool dependency thought.

Regards,
Mladen.