apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [patch 00/17] successful msys/mingw build
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 16:33:52 GMT
Has anyone had time to seriously look at this patch set?

It would be a great thing to get APR fully supported under MinGW,
because then win32 developers can have a completely full toolchain....

John Mark Vandenberg wrote:
> This series of patches allows apr to be built using MSYS and MinGW, but only with CFLAGS="
-O0 ".  Compared with tests using MS VC++ builds, only the dso functions appear to have problems
specific to msys builds.

> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testdso                     5      4     80.00%
> testpipe                    9      2     22.22%
> testsock                    7      1     14.29%
>
> Curiously, the results differ when testall is run from msys rather than CMD.
>
> Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
> testdso                     5      4     80.00%
> testnames                  13      1      7.69%
> testpipe                    9      2     22.22%
> testsock                    7      1     14.29%
>
> In a lovely coincidence, Davi Arnaut posted patches to bug 33490 (APR does not compile
with Borland C++) whilst I prepared the series for submission.

> Libtool
> -------
>
> Something to be wary of .. msys installers may have installed libtool 1.4e
>
> $ libtool --version
> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4e (1.1162 2002/11/22 22:36:25)
>
> Re-running autoconf with libtool 1.4e will complain with:
>
> configure.in:186: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> To resolve this, download libtool-1.5 from the mingw project files, and unpack it so
the m4 files are in the aclocal directory; usually /share/aclocal/ or /share/aclocal-1.7/