apr-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Jen <henry...@ztune.net>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code Applications Submitted for apr-build-system and apr-logging
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 01:36:43 GMT
Walter Mundt wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback on these applications.  I've refined them and
> submitted both via Google now.  Feel free to check the wiki page at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/WalterMundt/SummerOfCodeProposals again
> for the update apps and please continue to provide any
> feedback/questions/ideas for improvement.
>
> If you're signed up as an Apache mentor with Google, please also comment
> through their web application, as this allows me to submit updated
> versions of my applications for re-scoring, apparently even after the
> deadline for new applications.

I like the set_format part. :-)

A couple comments:

1. How do you distinguish the event source? Even in a single
application, multiple categories may be desired to classify the events.
Not to mention different apps.

2. This may only be me, but I would like to have capability to turn off
some logging capability at runtime. It's kind of different verbose
levels. With that, you can have more verbose logs to help you debugging
an application when needed while a minimum when things are running fine.

Cheers,
Henry