apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Moving apr_xlate from apr-util to apr-iconv
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 18:14:16 GMT
Mladen, perhaps I failed to make my point below.  *Today* you can build your
very own apr for your app with whatever features enabled/crippled that you like.

The point I was illustrating below was a (future) way to build apr component
by component, such that, for example, the apr_ldap lib and dependent libldap,
liblber, libssl and libcrypto would only be loaded in process if your app
actually chooses to link to libaprutil-2-ldap.so.

But you can build your apr today without iconv if that's what you are trying
to accomplish.