apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Memory Pool Revisions
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 23:00:25 GMT
Tom Bradford wrote:
> I remember reading that the dependency on memory pools was going to  be
> modified so that a developer would have a choice in allocation  between
> memory pooling and some other method.  I was wondering what  the 'other
> method' would be, and if the developer herself could  assert some
> control over it.

This already existed and has been abandoned.  Please look for the apr_sms
api in http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr/trunk/rev=62380 and study
the apr list archives at that time for the rational of why this was thrown
out in 62381.

Then feel free to bring any suggestions to the table that address the varied
shortcomings that apr_sms caused.

Bill