apr-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Jen <henry...@ztune.net>
Subject Re: Google Summer Of Code APR Applications
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 08:36:22 GMT
Walter Mundt wrote:
> As some of you are aware, the ASF is participating in the Google Summer
> of Code, and two project ideas for work on APR are posted on the ASF
> wiki.  I'm planning on submitting Summer of Code applications for both
> (they look equally interesting to me), and I'd like some feedback before
> I submit them.
>
> I've posted drafts of them on the aforementioned wiki at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/WalterMundt/SummerOfCodeProposals for
> your perusal and flaming pleasure.  Anyone is welcome and encouraged to
> read them and send me suggestions, either via this list or directly to
> my address.  Please note anything you'd like me to add/improve/expand
> upon (aside from the logging API design, though suggestions on how to
> approach that are welcome too!).
>
> I know the first proposal is pretty sketchy, but I'm not sure how much
> more there is to add; it's one of those things that's really easy to
> describe even though it will be difficult to implement.
>
> Note that a short bio is available in the parent user topic, and will be
> attached to the submitted applications; feel free to look at/ask
> questions about that as well.

Huh? logging API is in SoC?

I submitted a patch to support logging in apr about an year ago, which
is now used extensively in jxta-c project. I was told logging project
maybe a more appropriate place. :-) Anyway, you can find the API in
attached header file, you can also check out the implementation at
http://jxta-c.jxta.org/source/browse/jxta-c/src/jxta_log.c?rev=1.26&view=markup

If people are interested, I can sent out the patch again, and the SoC
applicant can work to improve that.

It already include file based logging, and can be expanded to support
unix syslog and Windows event log.

Cheers,
Henry