apr-dev mailing list archives

From Walter Mundt <em...@spamcop.net>
Subject Google Summer Of Code APR Applications
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 08:00:16 GMT
As some of you are aware, the ASF is participating in the Google Summer
of Code, and two project ideas for work on APR are posted on the ASF
wiki.  I'm planning on submitting Summer of Code applications for both
(they look equally interesting to me), and I'd like some feedback before
I submit them.

I've posted drafts of them on the aforementioned wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/WalterMundt/SummerOfCodeProposals for
your perusal and flaming pleasure.  Anyone is welcome and encouraged to
read them and send me suggestions, either via this list or directly to
my address.  Please note anything you'd like me to add/improve/expand
upon (aside from the logging API design, though suggestions on how to
approach that are welcome too!).

I know the first proposal is pretty sketchy, but I'm not sure how much
more there is to add; it's one of those things that's really easy to
describe even though it will be difficult to implement.

Note that a short bio is available in the parent user topic, and will be
attached to the submitted applications; feel free to look at/ask
questions about that as well.

Regards,
Walter Mundt