apr-dev mailing list archives

From koszi <ko...@mail.tvnet.hu>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 09:47:45 GMT

Any ideas how to get apache to log the password supplied by the user? I
checked log entry format strings in apache doc, but password is not
mentioned as an option. Or alternatively, how do I call the apache logging
routine from inside apr/apu source code? Can it log an arbitrary string of
my choosing? I am really really curious what password is forwarded to apache
over the network, and what  is passed on to mod_authn_dbd, and eventually,
to mysql driver. Btw I am not sure what to store in the password field of
the table, and how to retrieve it with the select statement. Do I apply an
encryption/decryption before/after?
I mean like "update users set passwordfield=md4('******') where user_id=1"
or such kind of stuff? Please help I am really at a loss with this, I need
to come up with something asap.
TIA+BR
Peter.
Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.