apr-dev mailing list archives

From koszi <ko...@mail.tvnet.hu>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 11:01:24 GMT

APU_HAVE_MYSQL is undefined, so the entire source of apr_dbd_mysql.c is
skipped because of the #ifdef APU_HAVE_MYSQL directive. So, formally the
object file is present in the library, but it contains no symbols.
I do use the --with-mysql=[mysql base dir] option for apr-util configure
file. But MySQL configure appends an extra "/mysql" to the end of --libdir
and --includedir, and apr-util's configure script appends  /lib and /include
to the directory passed to it in --with-mysql=... Therefore, MsSQL config
script always puts stuff in dirs ending in /mysql, and apr-util script
always looks for it in dirs ending with /lib and /include (see my earlier
msgs)
APRUTIL_LDFLAGS in apr-util's Makefile is empty after running the configure
script btw. I think a tweak in configure is necessary to set APU_HAVE_MYSQL
to true somehow and to add explicitly paths to mysql libdir and includedir.
BR
Peter.
Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.