apr-dev mailing list archives

From koszi <ko...@mail.tvnet.hu>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 15:01:08 GMT

Hello guys!
Thanks very much for your help.
I guess I am just about to localise the source of the problem.
MySQL 5.0 configure script has options for base directories
--prefix=...(PREFIX) and --exec-prefix=...(EPREFIX)  Now the help says:
--libdir=DIR  object code libraries[EPREFIX/lib]
--inludedir=DIR C header files [PREFIX/include]
( [] meaning defaults )

But it looks like actually the stuff is put to EPREFIX/lib/mysql and
EPREFIX/include instead. On the other hand, the apr-util configure script
requires --with-mysql=... (Btw what do I put here, EPREFIX or PREFIX, if
those happen to be different?) and whatever you put here, is extended with
/lib and /include respectively. E.g. if you say --with-mysql=/mysql then
apr-lib configure will search in  /mysql/lib and /mysql/include in vainl
because necessary files are actually in /mysql/include/mysql and
/mysql/include/mysql. I also tried finetuning mysql installer with
--libdir=... or --includedir=... , but ../mysql is added nevertheless.
Any ideas, similar experiences, a workaround?
Thanks again
BR
Peter.
Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.