apr-dev mailing list archives

From koszi <ko...@mail.tvnet.hu>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:51:41 GMT

Sorry to bother you again with this. I checked configure script output for
apr-util in the file config.log:
configure:33398: checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient_r
configure:33428: gcc -o conftest  -g -O2 -pthread
-I/usr/local/include/mysql/include  conftest.c -lmysqlclient_r
-L/usr/local/include/mysql/lib  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:33434: $? = 1
please note the difference:
1)gcc -o conftest  -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/local/include/mysql/include
conftest.c -lmysqlclient_r  -L/usr/local/include/mysql/lib    *********this
is the generated original, won't work
2) gcc -o config  -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/local/include/mysql/include
-lmysqlclient -L/usr/local/lib/mysql  config.c ************** changed order
of params, and used -lmysqlclient instead of -lmysqlclient_r, this one DOES
work.
Any ideas, comments please? Or anyone point me to other threads/forums would
be very helpfull. Thanks for the attn,
BR
Peter.

Sent from the APR Dev (Apache Portable Runtime) forum at Nabble.com.