apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with __USE_LARGEFILE64 on linux (RH8).
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 07:33:20 GMT
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 04:47:33PM -0400, Scott Greig wrote:
> I tried rebuilding apr(1.1.1) with LFS enabled.  There seemed to be a
> problem with simply passing '--enable-lfs' to configure.  The configure
> script temporarily adds the -D__USE_LARGEFILE64 then removes it using
> $apr_save_CPPFLAGS?
>
> So I forced it to add -D__USE_LARGEFILE64 to CPPFLAGS and setting
> APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES=1.
> Still the apr_dir_read fails to return the correct file names.

You should never be defining __USE_LARGEFILE64, that is a glibc-private
macro.  If you build any APR 1.x release it will have LFS support out of
the box (on a suitable platform, which RHL8 should be); don't pass
anything to configure.

So firstly build APR 1.2.7 without any such flags, and rebuild your
application against that APR.  Make sure you are building your app with
`apr-1-config --cppflags` in CPPFLAGS somewhere; this should include
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE.  Then describe exactly what your app does, and
how it fails (APR error codes, simple repro case, strace output).

joe