apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 21:06:08 GMT
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 13:51 -0700, koszi wrote:

> please note the difference:
> 1)gcc -o conftest  -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/local/include/mysql/include
> conftest.c -lmysqlclient_r  -L/usr/local/include/mysql/lib    *********this
> is the generated original, won't work
> 2) gcc -o config  -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/local/include/mysql/include
> -lmysqlclient -L/usr/local/lib/mysql  config.c ************** changed order
> of params, and used -lmysqlclient instead of -lmysqlclient_r, this one DOES
> work.
> Any ideas, comments please? Or anyone point me to other threads/forums would
> be very helpfull. Thanks for the attn,

Which MySQL libraries do you have on your system? The ones with _r or
without? I think the _r libraries are probably something a threaded APU
would like to pick up (because they are thread safe).

How was your MySQL built? Are the files there at all, or are they just
in the wrong location?

View raw message