apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Seidel" <d...@mindreef.com>
Subject RE: APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH gone?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 18:34:34 GMT
Thanks, Garrett.  Too bad, I now have to rewrite code that's been working
well for several years.  Ah well....

- Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: rooneg@gmail.com [mailto:rooneg@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Garrett Rooney
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:28 PM
To: Dave Seidel
Cc: apache-modules@covalent.net; dev@apr.apache.org
Subject: Re: APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH gone?

On 5/18/06, Dave Seidel <dave@mindreef.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in the process of porting a module from 2.0.54 to 2.2.2, and I see
that
> the APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH macro, which used to be defined in apr_buckets.c
is
> no longer there.  What should I be using instead?  I'm also curious to
know
> why it was removed.  Thanks in advance.

It was deprecated in r58680 and removed in r58952.

Quoting from the log message of the commit that deprecated it:

  Let's get rid of these damned things once and for all... for every line
  of code they save, they seem to introduce two to three bugs.  :)

If you look at the pre-removal apr_buckets.h you'll see some big
comments with warnings about how error prone it is to use.

-garrett