I have a question about behavior of a process launched by apr_proc_create from within an Apache plugin module on Windows.
The created process is intended to remain running regardless of whether the Apache server is running.  I'm noticing that after the process is created, and the Apache server is stopped and I attempt to restart it, I get an indication that the socket (port 80) is in use and Apache won't start.  Once I stop the created process, Apache can successfully start.  I tried a few things to change this behavior--apr_procattr_cmdtype_set,  apr_procattr_detach_set, apr_proc_detach--but no change.  Now I've implemented some techniques to take the created proc down when Apache stops to avoid the failed restart.  Is there anything I could do differently that would allow the created proc to stay up without preventing Apache from restarting?

Do You Yahoo!?