I have been using apr_shm_create and apr_shm_attach on Windows with good results--as long as all processes referencing the memory run under the same account.  I've run into trouble in a case where the shared memory is created under one account, and then an attempt is made to reference from another process running under a different account.  In this case the apr_shm_attach returns "720005"--access denied.  Looking at the underlying Windows functions, it looks like there are ways to specify access lists for the mapped file, but the apr functions do not provide a way to utilize this.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to share memory between processes running under different accounts with apr_shm?

Blab-away for as little as 1/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.