apr-dev mailing list archives

From "John Vandenberg" <jay...@gmail.com>
Subject testing on Windows
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 05:26:51 GMT
Hi,

I am setting up a Windows XP build environment using Microsoft Visual
C++ 2005 Express and Windows(r) Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK, and have
a few questions about the results because I can't compare them with an
older VC++ setup.

After MS VC++ upgraded the project files, I found that I needed to
manually add advapi32.lib to the libapr project properties under
Linker : Input : Additional Dependencies.

The only annoyance during the build was this warning occurring for all
apr-util and apr-iconv commands:

cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/YXiconv.h'

Replacing /YX with /Yc & Yu fixes the warning, and based on MSDN, that
syntax is supported by VC5.0

While figuring out how to test the results, I opened
apr/test/aprtest.dsp, and found that it depends on awk (contrary to
the note on compiling_win32.html) and MakeWin32Make.awk, which
disappeared somewhere between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.  Is aprtest.dsp useful?

Building testall reports the following warning.

1. cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'GX' has been deprecated ...
   cl : Command line warning D9036 : use 'EHsc' instead of 'GX'

Following those instructions doesnt affect the results.

Running apt/test/testall reports:

Failed Tests            Total   Fail    Failed %
testpipe                    9      2     22.22%
testsock                    7      1     14.29%

Do these failures indicate there is a problem with my setup, or are
these results to be expected on the Windows platform?

--
John