apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Bradford <bradford...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation Project
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:12:58 GMT
Greetings, I have a few questions after having been subscribed to
this list for a few days.

1) I see that there's not a lot of activity on this list.  What is
the current active status of the project?
2) I notice that there is a database interface, but even though
SQLite is supported, the exposed APIs resemble DBM-style interfaces.
Is there a plan to create a super-simple rowset style interface for
backends that support it?
3) The documentation is scarce or non-existent.  Everything I've
learned thus far has been from Inoue Seiichiro's tutorial.  Are there
any official documentation project's active or planned?

I'm currently using APR for a commercial router project, and am
learning as I go.  I'm rather impressed with the elegance and clean
use of incomplete types for a more, dare I say it, 'object oriented'
approach to C APIs.

If there is no documentation project currently active, I can attempt
to document what I'm learning as I go, and donate it back to the
project.

Thanks,
Tom

--