apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Zhakov" <chemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Value of APR_MAX_IOVEC_SIZE constant on Windows
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:58:47 GMT
Hi,
I've noticed that APR_MAX_IOVEC_SIZE constant is defined to 1024 on
Windows. Current trunk uses Async I/O only for sockets. But
theoretical limitation of buffers count is WSA_MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS,
which is 64.
It is not limitation of WSASend and WSARecv itself, it is limitation
WSAWaitForMultipleEvents (and WaitForMultipleEvents).
I know that APR doesn't use this function at present time, but I
consider better to define APR_MAX_IOVEC_SIZE to
WSA_MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS (or MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS) for eliminate future
problems.

--
Ivan Zhakov