apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Documentation Project
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:10:26 GMT
On 4/24/06, Tom Bradford <bradford653@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2006, at 4:47 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > Umm, what do you mean by "DBM-style"?  The dbd stuff doesn't seem very
> > similar to DBM apis to me.  If you have alternate APIs you'd like to
> > see feel free to propose them on this list.
> By DBM-style, I mean you're effectively talking about the storage of
> key/value pairs where the atom representation of a value is
> effectively a void pointer, rather than tuples, which is how SQLite
> and other RDBMS' inherently operate.

Umm, have you looked at apr_dbd.h?  It doesn't return void pointers to
you at all, it returns result and row structures, which you can
retrieve data out of via various functions.  apr_dbm.h is very DBM
like, but that's a totally different API and has nothing to do with
sqlite (or any sql database for that matter).

View raw message