apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Documentation Project
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:47:39 GMT
On 4/24/06, Tom Bradford <bradford653@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I have a few questions after having been subscribed to
> this list for a few days.
>
> 1) I see that there's not a lot of activity on this list.  What is
> the current active status of the project?

As others have said, it varies.

> 2) I notice that there is a database interface, but even though
> SQLite is supported, the exposed APIs resemble DBM-style interfaces.
> Is there a plan to create a super-simple rowset style interface for
> backends that support it?

Umm, what do you mean by "DBM-style"?  The dbd stuff doesn't seem very
similar to DBM apis to me.  If you have alternate APIs you'd like to
see feel free to propose them on this list.

> 3) The documentation is scarce or non-existent.  Everything I've
> learned thus far has been from Inoue Seiichiro's tutorial.  Are there
> any official documentation project's active or planned?
>
> I'm currently using APR for a commercial router project, and am
> learning as I go.  I'm rather impressed with the elegance and clean
> use of incomplete types for a more, dare I say it, 'object oriented'
> approach to C APIs.
>
> If there is no documentation project currently active, I can attempt
> to document what I'm learning as I go, and donate it back to the
> project.

Personally, I'd love to see more complete documentation, either via
patches to the existing doxygen or separate docs outside the source
code.

-garrett